News

Strictly legend says ‘there’s no smoke without fire’ in swipe at Giovanni Pernice


Giovanni Pernice

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Up Next

James Jordan has weighed in on the Giovanni Pernice controversy, saying there’s ‘no smoke without fire’ after he was excluded from the Strictly Come Dancing line up.

Last month it was reported that the BBC was launching an investigation into the Italian professional dancer, 33, after former contestants made accusations about his behaviour on the show.

It followed reports that four of his former partners, believed to be Amanda Abbington, Laura Whitmore, and Ranvir Singh met to ‘compare notes’ about their experiences with him on the show.

A source recently said one former Strictly partner of Giovanni claimed they needed months of therapy following the show.

They accused Gionvanni of ‘demanding behaviour’ which ’caused significant emotional distress’.

Join Metro’s Strictly community on WhatsApp

Want to be the first to get all the latest news and rumours from the Strictly dancefloor?

Join our Strictly Come Dancing WhatsApp channel to keep up to date with all the behind-the-scenes gossip about your favourite pros, judges and celebrities.

Simply click on this link, select ‘Join Chat’ and you’re in! Don’t forget to turn on notifications so you can see when we’ve just dropped the latest spoilers. Keep dancing!

Giovanni denies all accusations against him, saying he ‘rejects any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour, and I look forward to clearing my name’. The dancer is also said to be seeking legal advice.

Giovani Pernice denies all claims made against him (Picture: Samir Hussein/WireImage)

James Jordan has spoke out about the controversy, saying ‘there’s no smoke without fire’ (Picture: ITV)

The pro line-up for the upcoming season of Strictly Come Dancing was confirmed on June 10, with all the professionals – including Kai Widdrington, Neil Jones, Dianne Buswell, and Nadia Bychkova – returning, but Giovanni’s name was noticeably missing.

Now Strictly star James Jordan, who appeared on the show from 2006 to 2013, has spoken out about Giovanni, who had been a star on the ITV competition since 2016.

‘The thing I will say is that there’s no smoke without fire,’ James said on This Morning sitting alongside wife Ola from their home in Kent.

‘The BBC I feel has dealt with it really well. Whether Gionvanni has decided not to come back or if the BBC have told him not to come back, I’d be curious to see what the answer to that is,’ he added.

James continued: ‘I’d be devastated if one of my previous celebrity partners came forward saying I was abusive and not treating them nice in training. But he’s had four.’ 

Meanwhile, Kristina Rihanoff defended Giovanni on This Morning (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

he has been partnered with a number of stars over the years (Picture: Getty Images)

Kristina Rihanoff also appeared on This Morning, and defended Giovanni as a ‘perfectionist’.

‘I think when he worked on the show and we danced in group numbers he was always a nice easy going guy,’ she said, adding: ‘He …read more

Source:: Metro

      

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *