You can book a flight on Google Flights up to one year in advance, and even monitor prices for your flight to buy at the best time.
Google Flights usually finds the cheapest fare for your flight, but it’s still a good idea to cross-reference other sites like Expedia to get the best deal.
Google Flights also suggests trips for the cheapest flights from your city for the next six months.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I travel by air about once a month, and several times a year with my family of four, so finding the best rates on air travel is a rather regular theme in my life.
Before I book any trip, I always use Google Flights as my first search tool. While Google’s flight booking platform is not always the cheapest route, it is one of the simplest ways to look for flights.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to book a flight on Google Flights
To book a flight with Google Flights, first you should sign into your Google account on your Mac or PC. You can go through most of the process without doing so, but your research will be lost if you close your browser without signing in.
1. Navigate to Google Flights on your PC or Mac computer.
2. Click on “Round trip” to select from the dropdown menu whether you’re looking for a round trip, one-way, or multi-city ticket.
3. Then, next to the ticket type option click on “1 passenger” to select how many tickets you need. Click on the blue “+” icon to add a passenger to that category, or the “-” sign to take off the passenger.
4. Then, click on “Economy” to select the class of ticket you’re looking for.
5. In the box on the bottom-left enter the airport code or the name of the city or airport you’d fly out of. In the box on the right enter the airport code or city or airport name that you’d like to fly to.
6. For a roundtrip flight, in the boxes on the far-right, click the box on the left to select the date that you’d like to leave in the pop-up window. Then, click on the date that you’d like to return in the pop-up calendar. You can click the arrow in the middle of the box on the right to see the next month.
7. For a one-way flight, click the box on the right and select the date for your flight in the pop-up calendar.
8. For a multi-city trip, select a date for your first flight by clicking the box on the far-right, and then click the blue “Add Flight” button in the bottom-left of the window. Another …read more
Source:: Business Insider