Family claim they were ‘electrocuted’ during ‘horrific’ holiday at Butlin’s

mum electrocuted

The mum says it was one of those electric shocks which ‘pulls you in’ (Picture: Cornwall Live)

A family claim they were ‘electrocuted’ on their first night staying at Butlin’s.

Katarzyna and David Baldock from Cornwall booked in for a stay at the Minehead resort in July with their daughter and friend.

The family were already unhappy after complaining about the cleanliness but things took a turn for the worse at 9.30pm on the first night.

Katarzyna claims to have experienced the worst electric shock of her life from a light switch in her room, before the same happened to her wheelchair-bound husband.

The furious mum claimed the group were left outside for hours waiting for new accommodation.

No electrical faults were found with the accommodation, CornwallLive reports, and the holiday firm says an electrician arrived within the hour to investigate the problem, while the family was moved to temporary accommodation.

But Katarzyna said she was left feeling ‘disgusted’ after being forced to sit outside their accommodation block.

The mum, who works as a cleaner, also claimed there was fresh blood on the walls.

The family said they felt like they were homeless (Picture: Cornwall Live)

Katarzyna’s daughter felt distressed by the incident (Picture: Cornwall Live)

Blood was found on the walls (Picture: Cornwall Live)

Katarzyna said: ‘I went to turn the light off and I got a massive electric shock. It was a proper one.

‘One of those that pull you in. The light was still going after and wouldn’t stop flickering and stuff. That was scary and there was no caregiving.’

She added the experience frightened her autistic daughter and said she couldn’t sleep all night long.

A spokesperson for Butlin’s told Cornwall Live: ‘We’re sorry for the Baldock family’s experience with us on resort recently.

‘Safety is our top priority and where an issue does arise, our team work hard to ensure that it is dealt with as quickly as possible.

‘Once reported, our on-resort electrician was inspecting their accommodation within the hour.

‘In order for a full electrical inspection to be conducted, we moved the family to different accommodation for the remainder of their break and apologised for any inconvenience caused.

‘We have been in contact with the Baldock family directly to discuss the issues raised in more detail.’

Butlin’s told they have no further comments to add.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.

…read more

Source:: Metro


(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *