Paige Ruddy died of smoke inhalation from a house fire that began hours before she was set to walk down the aisle with her fiancé Logan Mitchell-Carter (Pictures: WMTV/GoFundMe)
A young bride died hours before her wedding due to a house fire.
Page Ruddy, 19, was set to exchange vows with Logan Mitchell-Carter on Tuesday. Her family ‘went to sleep excited’ to attend the small wedding ceremony’, states a GoFundMe page for her.
‘Instead, they were woken by police to be informed that there was a fire.’
Ruddy spent two days at a hospital and died of a brain hemorrhage on Wednesday owed to smoke inhalation. She ‘passed surrounded by her family and friends who took up a large waiting room in the hospital’, according to the GoFundMe page.
Paige Ruddy (left) and her fiancé Logan Mitchell-Carter (right) exchange vowed privately the night before their planned wedding (Picture: WMTV)
‘There are enough good qualities about Paige to fill up a room,’ states the page.
‘Since she was a toddler Paige was full of life, ready to help anyone with anything, and an absolute joy to be around. She was kind, fun, and according to her family had lots of spunk.’
Ruddy and Mitchell-Carter exchanged their vows on Monday night in private before their planned ceremony. Their immediate family members were looking forward to celebrating with them at the Sauk County Courthouse, WMTV reported.
Paige Ruddy’s family do not believe there were working smoke detectors in the home that caught on fire in Reedsburg, Wisconsin (Picture: WMTV)
She was living with her fiancé with his grandparents at their home on the 200 block of West Second Street in Reedsburg, Wisconsin.
Ruddy’s family do not believe that functioning smoke detectors were in the home.
‘She had a big caring heart,’ fellow Reedsburg Area High School graduate Lily Markgraf told the TV station of Ruddy. ‘She was there for anyone who needed it, even if she didn’t like the person. If they needed her help, she’d be there to help them. I’m going to miss her for the rest of my life.’
Paige Ruddy died aged 19 of a brain hemorrhage from smoke inhalation (Picture: GoFundMe)
Ruddy ‘always worked hard at everything she did’ as the oldest sibling of three.
‘All the normal things a kid does, but also extra things to help her grandparents, parents, siblings, and friends,’ states the GoFundMe page. ‘Everything from helping grandma with drywall to helping her parents with the day-to-day work.’
The fundraiser for Ruddy’s medical and funeral expenses had garnered more than $12,000 as of Friday afternoon.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at email@example.com.
For more stories like this, check our news page.