Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Here’s what you need to know before markets open.
1. Global stocks tumble with COVID-19 cases rocketing and no stimulus deal. Vaccines in the pipeline are helping sugar-coat markets, an analyst said. See what markets are doing here.
2. Samsung’s billionaire chairman died on Sunday. Lee Kun-hee, who spearheaded the South Korean conglomerate’s global expansion, once counted Warren Buffett as a shareholder.
3. Bitcoin has considerable upside as it better competes with gold, JPMorgan says. But the cryptocurrency would have to surge 10x from current levels to match the same value of the physical gold market.
4. Markets to respond favorably to Biden’s climate and foreign relations policies. The Democrat’s initial priorities to create jobs and control the virus will boost the market, investing legend Byron Wien said.
5. ‘Liquidity tsunami’ from stimulus will lead to buying any dips from Biden’s tax plan. Famed investor Mike Novogratz said even a $1 trillion stimulus will be worth 5% of US GDP.
6. Earnings expected. Chegg and Hasbro are highlights.
7. On the data docket today. The US 3-month and 6-month bill auctions are due.
8. Vaccine developers are badly lagging the S&P 500. Goldman Sachs sees huge upside and has pinpointed these 13 stocks to buy ahead of positive updates.
9. Columbia Threadneedle analyzed 650 stocks to fine-tune its election strategy. Here are the trades they say to make around a Biden win.
10. A notorious market bear is at it again with a drastic forecast. John Hussman has reiterated his call for a 67% market collapse, and he sees the Fed as the culprit.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why it’s okay to eat the brown part of an avocado
Source:: Business Insider