Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Summary List Placement
Here’s what you need to know before markets open.
1. US stocks look set to hit new highs later, as earnings and Biden’s “big spend” cheer investors. See what markets are doing today.
2. BlackRock is getting on the bitcoin bandwagon. Take a look at what the world’s largest asset manager is doing in the crypto space.
3.The S&P 500 will jump another 8%, RBC says.But these looming risks could spark a sudden pullback.
4. Netflix smashed expectations in the fourth quarter, putting the “final nail in the bear coffin.” Take a look at what these 4 analysts have to say about the stock.
5. Janet Yellen believes cryptocurrencies should be “curtailed”. Here’s what she said about Bitcoin.
6. On the data docket – Initial weekly jobless claims, monthly housing starts and the Philly Fed manufacturing index are due out later.
7. Earnings expected – Intel, IBM, Baker Hughes and Fifth Third Bancorp will report quarterly earnings.
8. We spoke to Winklevoss twin-backed crypto platform Gemini. They told us how to use stable coins, and explained why regulation won’t kill the boom in digital currencies.
9. Bank of America sees the semiconductor industry quadrupling its growth rate from the past 3 years. The firm says buy these 16 stocks to play the wave higher.
10. Darren Chervitz is crushing other fund managers by focusing on tiny biotech stocks. He explains how he scores the biggest gains, minimizes the risk of costly failures, and names his top 2 picks in the space.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: A cleaning expert reveals her 3-step method for cleaning your entire home quickly
Source:: Business Insider