Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Here’s what you need to know before US markets open.
1. Global shares edge higher as investors look past Archegos shockwave to COVID-19 developments, while US tech shares ease. The Dow Jones was up but the Nasdaq slipped.
2. Tiger Management billionaire Julian Robertson says he’s a ‘great fan’ of faith-driven investor Bill Hwang and would invest with him again. Hwang’s fund is blowing up, but Robertson said that “could probably happen to anyone.”
3. The man at the heart of the Archegos fiasco is a ‘Tiger cub’ and devout Christian who pleaded guilty to insider trading. Meet Bill Hwang.
4. Former SEC chair Jay Clayton will advise digital asset hedge fund One River on crypto. A big establishment name is getting involved in cryptocurrencies.
5. Bitcoin and ether climb after Visa says it will allow payment settlements using cryptocurrency. The payments giant said it will enable the use of USD Coin.
6. Earnings expected. Bank of China, Carnival Corp and Rakuten are among the big names on the list.
7. On the economics calendar. There’s house price and consumer confidence data, and Fed speeches.
8. Ray Dalio says the stock market is “halfway” to a bubble of 1929 or 1990s dot-com proportions. The billionaire investor also breaks down how monetary policy might trigger the next crash.
9. Blockchain technology could eventually upend legacy industries including banking, law, and healthcare. Oppenheimer listed six crypto tokens that may disrupt legacy industries dominated by players like JPMorgan and Google.
10. BTIG says financial stocks will continue outperforming on the back of stronger GDP growth. Analysts named 30 stocks to buy as they benefit from the pandemic’s aftermath.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: A cardiologist revealed the truth behind red wine’s health benefits
Source:: Business Insider