Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
1. Bitcoin has hit yet another all-time high above $40,000. Is $50,000 next? See what cryptos are doing today.
2. Goldman Sachs sees the UK’s first double-dip recession since the 1970s. This is the likely impact on GDP from the new national lockdown.
3. Stocks are heading to a new record high after Trump’s concession. This is what the broader markets are doing today ahead of the opening bell.
4. The Fed has returned $42 billion in unused funds to the Treasury. The central bank will pay another $20 billion. Here’s why.
5. “Enjoy it while it lasts.” Here’s why “Big Short” investor Michael Burry sees a collapse in Tesla stock.
6. Earnings expected: No large-cap companies are reporting results.
7. On the data docket: Monthly non-farm payrolls data are due.
8. Meet the growth-fund manager who’s beaten 96% of his peers over the past 5 years. He shares 6 stocks he sees ‘dominating their space’ for the next 5 to 10 years — including 2 he thinks could grow 100%.
9. We spoke to investing legend Terry Smith, whose $30 billion stock fund returned 449% to investors over 10 years. He shared his 4-part strategy for success and 10 pieces of investing wisdom to take into 2021.
10. Deutsche Bank says some financial stocks are headed for big gains following 2020’s ‘savage sell-off.’ The firm pinpoints 14 beaten-down stocks poised for a bullish recovery.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: We took a 1964 Louisiana literacy test and failed spectacularly
Source:: Business Insider