Culture

San Jose: Man dies from injuries in shooting at encampment


SAN JOSE — A homicide investigation has been launched after a man died from when he was shot at an encampment last week, police said.

Officers were called at 5:46 p.m. on May 9 to a site on McLaughlin Avenue near the Interstate 280 overpass for a report of a shooting, according to San Jose police. They arrived to find a man suffering from a gunshot wound.

Related Articles

Crime and Public Safety |

Two Campbell businesses each have $10,000 worth of merchandise stolen

Crime and Public Safety |

Burglars steal $1k worth of tools from truck in Los Gatos

Crime and Public Safety |

City contractor found dead at San Jose Animal Care Center

Crime and Public Safety |

Grand jury transcripts offer details on infamous Los Gatos teen parties a parent is accused of organizing

Crime and Public Safety |

Man shot near Interstate 280 in San Jose

The victim was not breathing, and officers and emergency personnel resuscitated him and he was taken to a hospital where he was initially stabilized and listed in critical condition. On May 12, police said he died from his injuries.

The man’s name has not been publicly released pending his formal identification and notification of his next of kin by the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office.

Circumstances of the shooting, as well as a motive, have not been disclosed by police, who cited the ongoing investigation. The shooting marked the city’s 13th homicide of the year investigated by San Jose police.

Anyone with information for investigators can contact the SJPD homicide unit at 408-277-5283 or email Detective Sgt. Julien Taylor at 4257@sanjoseca.gov or Detective Mike Harrington at 4365@sanjoseca.gov. Tips can also be left with Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at 408-947-7867 or at siliconvalleycrimestoppers.org.

…read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment

      

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *