Culture

Sammy Hagar clarifies controversial statement about sacrificing for economy


Sammy Hagar has taken to social media to try and clarify the controversial statements he made to Rolling Stone magazine about the importance of restarting the economy, even if it meant putting lives in danger.

Here is his statement in full:

“Hey, Sammy here. (On June 23), Rolling Stone ran a compilation piece from their Quarantine Q&A series. I did that interview a month and a half ago, things change very fast right now, so I wanted to clarify and put a few things into context now. I did that interview May 8th when we were already several weeks into the stay-at-home, which my family and I took very seriously, and things were starting to look up, the curve was beginning flattening.

Related Articles

Sammy Hagar willing to trade people’s lives for the economy

Van Halen legend David Lee Roth announces he’s changed his name

John Fogerty: ‘I’m not dying for Donald Trump’

‘Dilbert’ creator Scott Adams: ‘I lost my TV show for being white’

Bay Area music spotlight: 3 local artists to hear right now

“So when I was asked if I’d be comfortable enough to get back on stage before a vaccine was out, I was cautiously optimistic. I said, ‘Yeah, not too soon. I want to make sure it’s not escalating. When it’s declining and seems to be going away.’ Big picture, it’s about getting back to work in a safe and responsible way and getting this economy rolling again. I will do my part. I stand by that. I employ 200 people directly and when we tour even more.

“Like everything today, it’s a watch and see over the next few months but we remain cautiously optimistic that with the right improvements and safety measures in place, we might be able to play shows this year. That said, as things change, for the better or worse, we will appropriately adjust our plans.”

Hey, Sammy here. Earlier in the week @RollingStone ran a compilation piece from their Quarantine Q&A series. I did that interview a month and a half ago, so I wanted to clarify and put a few things into context now…

Read more at https://t.co/RRnkmQNYgJ pic.twitter.com/8pKGd2pXUP

— Sammy Hagar (@sammyhagar) June 25, 2020

Rolling Stone confirmed the that the interview originally took place in May.

“The comments didn’t generate much of a stir when we originally ran them, but they reappeared earlier this week in another article where we compiled statements about the quarantine by 14 artists. They were picked up HuffPost and then ricocheted all across the internet as if they were new,” according to the magazine.

And a lot of people took issue with those comments, which included …read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment

      

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *