Culture

Jerry O’Connell Says Backlash for Show Title Real Men Watch Bravo Was ‘Justified’


Jerry O’Connell is addressing the backlash from the title of his new show Real Men Watch Bravo.

The actor, 44, opened up about the controversy Tuesday night on PeopleTV’s Chatter saying the original title was not “inclusionary.”

“I do think it was justified,” O’Connell said of the backlash. “You know, we were trying to make a joke, a play on the words Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, New York, so it was called the aforementioned title.”

“And it doesn’t sound very inclusionary that title,” he continued. “You know, we all have Twitter accounts — and we heard everyone’s voices.”

The show, which has since been renamed to Bravo’s Play by Play, is a late-night talk show featuring O’Connell as one of three hosts alongside a panel of male celebrities and comedians talking about pop culture and some of the network’s buzziest moments.

RELATED: Jerry O’Connell Says Brother Charlie’s Experience as The Bachelor Was a ‘Stressful Situation’

O’Connell added they changed the title “immediately” after seeing the reactions the initial title received.

“We are inclusionary ‘AF.’ And we want people to know that and we changed the title immediately,” he said. “It’s not called Bravo’s Play by Play.”

O’Connell previously apologized about the title during a Q&A at AOL’s Build series.

“We want to apologize for that title; we didn’t think it was as insensitive,” he said. “We heard everyone’s voices when we came out with that title. We don’t want anyone to feel excluded in any way.”

Catch PeopleTV‘s Chatter live on Twitter and streaming on People.com every weekday at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

…read more

Source:: People.com

      

(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *