Culture

8-month-old likely overdosed on fentanyl while at babysitter’s house


An accidental fentanyl overdose, which likely occurred while an 8-month-old girl was in the care of her babysitter in Dearborn Heights, has died according to her mother.

The mother of baby J’ream said her daughter was a “bubbly” little girl prior to the overdose.

After J’ream died, her mother went to the Wayne County Medical Examiner, who told her the likely cause of death was an overdose. The mother, who hasn’t revealed her name to the public, showed Fox 2 the report showing fentanyl in the baby’s urine.

The overdose happened Sept. 15.

Related Articles

Crime and Public Safety |

Woman convicted of second-degree murder for starving 7-week-old baby to death

Crime and Public Safety |

California mother, stepfather suspected in death of 6-year-old son

Crime and Public Safety |

Woman blames California foster care system for torture death of brother she never knew

Crime and Public Safety |

Sophia Mason: New documents detail Alameda County social workers’ failures to protect Hayward girl

Crime and Public Safety |

Sheriff: 35-year-old man thought he had meet-up with 15-year-old; brought cocaine to rendezvous

Charges for the babysitter are pending the formal release of the autopsy report to police, according to Dearborn Heights Police Chief Jerrod Hart.

The mother said she doesn’t know how her child ingested the drug, but knows that it had to have happened while at the babysitter’s house.

J’ream was on a ventilator for a couple days, before she died at Children’s Hospital in Detroit.

 

…read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment

      

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *